Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: Model 19 XOs - Anyone ever attached the original pots to Iconic XOs?

  1. #1
    Inactive Member kamakuiproject's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 30th, 2008
    Posts
    1
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Greetings,
    I just picked up a beautiful pair of Model 19s where an XO is shot. Someone has offered to sell me his Iconic XOs, and if possible, I would like to be able to run the pots of the speakers into the XOs.

    Has anyone ever done this?

    Actually, FWIW, I would love to put a switch on the XOs (which I guess I would put outboard), and be able to go either with the pots or fixed resistors (which are in there now).

    As I am stuck speaker-less until I get the XO fixed (and I have not a clue what is wrong with it for the moment), I am open to all other suggestions for a relatively quick resolution, but in the interests of full disclosure, I am a newbie at DIYing anything electronic, so it would have to be relatively simple or easily outsource-able.

    Thanks,

  2. #2
    Inactive Member Altec19's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 21st, 2003
    Posts
    306
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I don't know about using the L-pads (pots) with Iconic crossovers but you may be interested in this thread regarding eliminating the L-pads altogether:

    Link to thread

    It sounds as though this may have been done with your crossovers. I've bypassed my L-pads as suggested and found it to be worthwhile.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
This forum has been viewed: 28131802 times.